"P type” Blacks
(for high pressure pipe applications)
What are “p type” blacks?
“P type” blacks are specially designed carbon blacks with extremely high physical and chemical cleanliness to ensure excellent dispersibility and organoleptic properties for pressure pipes.
Characteristics of “P type” blacks:
- Particle size - Less than 25 nm.
- 325M residue - 20 PPM Max.
- Ash content - 0.1% Max.
- Sulfur content - 0.1% Max.
- Toluene extract - 0.03% Max.
- MPU Study of Pressure Pipe Compound.
For all “p type” blacks, Compound Moisture Absorption plays vital role on performance of pressure pipe. It is measured by Moisture Gain of compound conditioned at 23°C/ 83% RH for 7 days.
Applications for Pressure Pipes segment